BMP Title I School Parental Involvement Policy
Black Mountain Primary School believes that education of children is a cooperative effort between parents and the school. Parental involvement improves the educational achievement of all children. The involvement of all parents increases the effectiveness of our program and contributes significantly to the overall academic success of our children. In order to ensure collaborative partnerships between families and teachers, BMP is committed to pursuing the following goals in ways that recognize and respect diversity and the differing needs of families.
- Establish an effective two-way communication with parents.
- Develop strategies and programs that allow parents to actively participate in their children's education.
- Provide support and coordination of the school staff and parents to implement and maintain appropriate parental involvement in all grade levels.
- Utilize community resources to enrich the learning environment and promote the family and student success.
- Support parents in their role as the child's first and most important teacher.
Title staff will hold an annual meeting to inform parents of the school’s participation in the Title One program. Teachers will discuss the Home School Compact with families. We will discuss the program and activities that Title One funds support throughout the year.
Title one of the staff will meet with individual parents of students served to parents or teacher request. An educational program will be planned for each student in collaboration with the classroom teacher.
The overall ambition of Black Mountain Primary School’s Title One program is to promote partnerships that will increase parental involvement and participation in fostering the social, emotional and academic growth of all our children
Director: Malorie McGinnis
Title one teacher: Rachel Austin; Deborah Kubiak
Signature of parent: ________________________